Applications: Grade 8, 2020
The admissions application period has closed.
Placement of learners will commence on 30 August 2019. Parents will receive an SMS from the Gauteng Department of Education if their child has been offered a place at Rand Park High School for the 2020 academic year. Parents have 7 working days to accept the place offered and must do so by logging in to the e-admissions portal: www.gdeadmissions.gov.za.
Placement will take place in accordance with the Provincial Notice 268 of 2019: Amendments to Regulations Relating to the Admission of Learners to Public Schools (available on www.gdeadmissions.gov.za).
The feeder area map for Rand Park High has been provided by the Gauteng Department of Education. Check if you are zoned for our school here.
The following information is required to complete your e-application:
- LEARNER’S ID NUMBER
- BOTH PARENTS’ ID NUMBERS
- RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS FOR PARENTS
- WORK ADDRESSES FOR PARENTS
- NAME OF CURRENT PRIMARY SCHOOL
- CURRENT GRADE
Documents to be presented to the school within seven days of submitting your e-application are:
- CERTIFIED COPY OF UNABRIDGED BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR THE LEARNER
- MOST RECENT SCHOOL REPORT FOR THE GRADE 7 LEARNER
- PROOF OF RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS (CITY OF JOHANNESBURG ACCOUNT IF YOU OWN THE PROPERTY) OR LEASE AGREEMENT PLUS A COPY OF THE ID OF LESSOR & COJ RATES ACCOUNT (IF YOU RENT)
- PROOF OF WORK ADDRESS (IF YOU DID NOT USE RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS FOR YOUR e-APPLICATION)
- CERTIFIED COPIES OF PARENTS’ ID DOCUMENTS
NB: Non-South African Citizens are required to provide a certified copy of the Parent’s valid passport; proof of home/employment address (as per RSA Citizen requirements above); certified copy of the learner’s birth certificate; learner’s valid passport; learner’s study permit; learner’s latest primary school report; and asylum documents (if applicable).
You do not need to upload any documents via the GDE’s e-portal – the supporting documents are presented to the school where the content is checked and verified.